Las Vegas Police Apprehend 3 Suspected for the Power Outage Last Monday
The three arrested men are suspects in the substation wire theft that left 14,000 customers without electricity last Monday The Las Vegas Police have announced the names of the three men charged with grand larceny for the theft of copper wire that left the Harry Reid International Airport, the Cosmopolitan Casino, and more, without power last week. Disruptions in the supply of electricity can happen due to a multitude of reasons, but one recent power outage in Las Vegasseems to have happened because three people stole power cables from the system. The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Departmentreported that they have apprehended three suspects who were allegedly involved in the theft of copper wires from an NV Energysubstation. Last Monday, following a series of power outages across Las Vegas, the police were called to the site of a suspected wire theft in the 5600 block of Procyon Street. Upon arrival, the officers found out that copper wire had been removed from several breaker boxes. It was estimated that damages of more than $30,000were incurred during this theft. An investigation followed and on February 4, the police found three suspects and took them to the Clark County Detention Center. The authorities later released their names – Paul Andrews, 45, Chad Shurman, 41, and Branden Henry, 29. The trio was charged with grand larceny, $25,000 but less than $100,000, as well as removing/damaging/destroying property to obtain scrap metal and interrupting service. In addition to this, a records check revealed that Shuman and Henry are each facing an added charge of conspiracy to commit criminal contempt. The three men are scheduled for their next court appearance on February 10. The LVMPD also urged anyone who knows more about the case to contact the police. The power outage last week affected more than 14,000 customers. Among these were the Harry Reid International Airportand the Cosmopolitan Casino and Hotel. As an excuse for the inconvenience caused, the Cosmopolitan gave the affected patrons a $25 gift card. Meanwhile, Terminal 3 of the airport lost power and backup generators had to kick in. However, the brief loss of electricity affected monitors and other airport equipment, causing the delay of two flights. According to NV Energy, the power provider that was the victim of the copper wire theft, similar cases have been becoming more frequent in recent times. The provider explained that substations are particularly vulnerable to such break-ins. NV Energy said that thieves are becoming more sophisticated and are now finding more ways to avoid being shocked or more seriously injured during theft. Last year, the company made further efforts to ensure that all suspected copper thefts were reported to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. NV Energy stated that its teams ngake measures to secure facilities and prevent easy access for potential thieves.

Police Arrest Suspected Power Outage Culprits


Such Cases Are Becoming More Common, NV Energy Said
Artikel terkait
-
Canadian Player Wins $150K at Caesars’ Flamingo Las Vegas
-
Dragon Gaming Unveils Asian
-
Wynn UAE Casino to Feature Crypto Payments & More
-
Original Spirit Denies Illegal Gambling Accusations, Threatens Legal Action
-
Yggdrasil Releases Wild Stack Frenzy with Free Spins
-
Maryland Man Arrested with Guns, Ammo Near Casino